Friday, July 8, 2011

Amber M. Kellar

This past Wednesday I lost a dear friend of mine, Amber Kellar.  Amber suffered a heart attack at the young age of 28.  I wanted to share some photographs of Amber on my blog and tell everyone what a wonderful friend she was.  Amber always had a smile and loved to share a hug.  She was so very kind, fun, caring, considerate, thoughtful, loving, and so much more.  Words can't describe how special she really is.  Amber will be missed by many.  She was an incredible artist, an excellent cook, and an amazing friend!  My thoughts and prayers go out to Amber's family and friends.  We love and miss you Amber Kellar.

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. 
~Author Unknown

Amber fishing in the Marble Mountain Wilderness Area

Rudy, Amber, and I beginning out backpack trip into the Marble Mountains

The three of us at Marble Gap Cave


Moved the party to the bathroom for this photo!

Amber was an amazing cook, one of the best!  She loved to cook for her friends!

Love this picture!


Amber won the disc golf bag at the Make-A-Wish Disc Golf Tournament

Amber is an amazing artist!  Her jewelry and ceramics are incredible!  She gave me this beautiful piece just before the start of my bike trip and I will treasure it forever.

You will be missed Amber M. Kellar
Rest in Peace

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. My sister was good friends with Amber when we were younger. I didn't know her very well, but I could recognize how much she truly enjoyed life...having fun all the way & was always happy. I don't think I ever saw her without a smile on her face. I know that everyone loved her and that she will be missed by many.

    Rest In Peace, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. My sister was good friends with Amber when we were younger. I didn't know her very well, but I could recognize how much she truly enjoyed life...having fun all the way & was always happy. I don't think I ever saw her without a smile on her face. I know that everyone loved her and that she will be missed by many.

    Rest In Peace, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed Be. Thank you posting this. Rudi is a friend of mine & this is the first i have heard of Amber's passing. Hopefully, he has many friends around him now.peace*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Kevin.... This is amazing... -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. We share something wonderful in common. Amber was a great friend of mine as well. We were inseparable for many many moons when we took art classes together in NY. I'm so glad I found your blog and had the chance to see these pictures of her. I had just called her before the gathering to wish her well and to let her know we missed her back here in NY. She always knew how to make her friends feel loved. She will live on always in my heart, and in every ones heart she ever touched. A ray of light she was and always will be <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber was like a rainbow that I wish would of stayed around longer. What a privilege to know as a friend. R.I.P. I think I had a piece of that turkey at Rudy's in 2010 . Thank you, Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have known Amber & her family thru speed skating. She would always give up her room to me & my wife when we were staying at Syracuse for a weekend. She was a great little kid & it was great to watch her grow up over the time we were part of her team. I was so happy when she re-connected with me over the past few years. I will miss her smile and keep her in my heart,
    Dan Juraska

    ReplyDelete
  8. you were at the Rainbow Gathering in Washington where and when Amber passed? I have a good friend whose mother in law has been missing from there for ten days. Persons of special interest are Catherine Ward, Alan Peck and Owl from Key West. Any of you else, if you know anything, have photos, get your memory jogged please link to http://www.mariehansonmissing.com. Your responses are confidential, we only want Marie home! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everybody for the comments. I know Amber has many amazing friends and it is really nice to here from some of them. Kelly, I was not at the Rainbow Gathering as I am on a cross country bicycle trip this summer. I wish you the best of luck with the safe return of Marie and will do what I can to spread the word. Please keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I MISS HER SSSOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE YOU AMBER!!!!! I miss her sooo much. come back to us, AMBER.-kyleigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. MISS YOU COME BACK NOW

    ReplyDelete