Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 18th - 31st

July 18th, 19th, 20th
I spent July 18th - 20th in Albuquerque relaxing and getting caught up on stuff.  My plan was to get a plane ticket to fly back to Weed and be at my friend Amber's memorial.  After looking at all of my options I was able to purchase a round trip ticket leaving on the 21st from Albuquerque and returning on August 1st.  I really didn't want to miss Amber's memorial and was excited to take a break and go visit friends.  Albuquerque was nice and relaxing these 3 days and I ate some incredible food at Caleb's and watched several movies.  It was nice to take a break from the hot desert biking!




July 21st - 31st
After getting a ride to the airport from Caleb I flew to Denver, back down to Phoenix, and then over to Sacramento.  My friend Jeff picked me up in Sacramento, CA and gave me a ride to Redding, CA where my friends Zach and Manya picked me up and gave me a ride up to Weed, CA.  Quite a day of traveling!  Felt strange to travel all that distance in one day when it took me 6 weeks on bicycle.  When I arrived in Weed my friends had all gathered and had a cookout.  It was a very warm welcome and wonderful to see everyone!  

I spent the next 10 days hanging out with my friends and enjoying the beautiful Northern California scenery.  The air is so fresh and water so crisp!  I got to do some swimming and boating as well as attend my friend Amber's memorial and the 4and20 Blackbird Festival in downtown Weed.  Amber's memorial was beautiful with so many awesome people, it was really nice to meet so many of her friends and family that I have never met before.  She will be missed and will love on in our hearts forever.

My stay in Weed was really nice and I am very happy I went back.  Once again it was a hard place to leave and I know I will return again in the future.  Thanks to everyone for helping me out with places to stay, food, rides, etc.
Love you all!  See you again soon!


Weed Brewery

Mt. Shasta

Black Butte Sunset

Thanks for the coffee Black Butte Coffee Company!

Camp Sandy Beach


2 comments: