Sunday, April 19, 2009

Training For My Adventure



Note - earlier blog entries can be found in the archives or below this post. Also, disregard the April posting date. This was posted May 29th 2009.

To make my adventure more enjoyable I have been training whenever possible. Overall it has felt great getting out on the bike with the anticipation of such an exciting journey! I have biked a total of 400 miles in the past two months and I am now ready for my Quest West! During my training rides I visited some of my favorite bike trails and parks in Southern Wisconsin. I biked the Glacial Drumlin Trail, Oak Leaf Trail, Interurban Trail, Racine County Recreational Trail, Capital City Trail, and the Military Ridge Trail. I also biked through and camped in Richard Bong State Recreation Area, Harrington Beach State Park, Sandhill Station State Campground, Blue Mounds State Park, and Governor Dodge State Park. I am now ready to begin my Quest West! I hope you enjoy following my journey on this blog and I hope you all have a wondeful and exciting Summer as well!!!
The photos below are from throughout my Spring training rides.


( First ride of the year - Oak Leaf Trail )

( Spring on the Glacial Drumlin Trail - very soft and sloppy )



( One of many hawks along the Oak Leaf Trail )


( Cedarburg - Harrington Beach S.P. - Interurban Trail )


( Silver Creek Brewpub - Cedarburg, Wisconsin )


( A nice sunset at Sandhill Station in Lake Mills, WI - first solo camping trip of the year )


( Overnight bike trip from home to Bong Recreation )

( Sunset at the campsite )



( Lakeside State Park - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - part of the Oak Leaf Trail )

( Sandhill Station Campground in Lake Mills )



( Looking out my front door )

( Many caterpillars along the Military Ridge Trail )

( My Burley trailer full of firewood )

( Nice fire at Blue Mounds State Park )


( Waterfall at Governor Dodge State Park )


( One of many great views at Governor Dodge State Park )


( Me )


No comments:

Post a Comment